IT Support Engineer (x1) – £17,500 pa Full Time and Bonus Scheme
A Full Time IT Support Engineer is required to help with the provision of our support services to our total solutions customers. The succesful candidate would be allocated a handful of business customers to support, maintain and lead a proactive approach to improving the IT systems of our customers.
- The ability to quickly diagnose and fix Windows software problems
- The ability to quickly diagnose hardware issues in desktops, laptops and servers
- A full understanding of TCP/IP networking is absolutely essential
- An understanding of Email protocols such as SMTP and IMAP
- A logical approach to troubleshooting IT issues
- The ability to setup ADSL / Ethernet Routers for Internet Access, as well as DHCP, Port Forwarding and Firewall Rules
- A basic or understanding of Microsoft SQL 2008 / 2012 products or other database technology
- Experience of Data Backup Procedures
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Excellent Personal Skills \ Excellent Communication Skills
- Willingness to visit customer sites
Desirable Skills but not essential
- Some experience with VoIP Telephone systems such as 3CX
- Experience with Draytek based Routers and managed switch products
- Experience of recording information for documenting purposes
- Structured Cabling (CAT5e / 6) and Fibre Testing
- Experience of Project Management
We are looking for a very special candidate to fulfill this role. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to: Mr David Moss, DataConnectivity Ltd, Sheraton House, Castle Park, Cambridge, CB3 0AX or email email@example.com. Applications must be received before the end of 30th April 2013.
Strictly no agencies
Office Administrator – Position Now filled.
Since 2001, DataConnectivity has provided combined IT Support, Telephony and CCTV services to small and medium sized businesses in the East of England region. We’ve recently expanded our customer base and now require an Office Administrator.
The Office Administrator will join the DataConnectivity team and work with the Managing Director to provide general business and administrative support. They will become a central part of the organisation. The successful candidate will have the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a hard working and dedicated team and will continuously take initiative to develop the role. Duties include general administration, various project based work, basic accounting tasks, and preparing and arranging work schedules. You will also:
• Handle calls, emails, office requests and coordinate incoming/outgoing shipping/mailings where required
• Liaise with external customers to help fulfill any specific requirements such as order fulfillment
• Maintain hard copy files and an electronic filing system, including scanning certain types of document
• Coordinate and maintain staff records and office equipment (e.g. phones)
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
• Prepare meeting agendas and take down meeting minutes.
• Monitor and maintain office supply and stock inventories
• Support the Engineering team in various project based work (e.g. newsletter production and purchasing)
• Handling regular office payments such as office rent, electricity, telephone bills and internet when needed
• Providing administrative support to the other members of the DataConnectivity team when required
• Perform any other reasonable duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business (e.g. carry out orientation program for new staff etc)
Skills and experience required
• Completion of (at least) a one year Business and Administration course is desirable
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Knowledge of administrative management practices and procedures will be an advantage, but not essential
• Highly computer literate (hardware/networking skills desirable), with excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good time management skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Professional ’can do’ attitude
• Good work ethics and excellent phone manners
• Using own initiative, being proactive, team player
• Ability to multi-task
• Full clean UK driving license
£15-16K per annum pro-rata. The post is initially for 20 hours per week (9am until 1pm Monday to Thursday).
Strictly no agencies